Re: Oracle Enterprise manager: http://n2k.bot.com:5501/em/

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Feb 2005 13:59:35 -0800

Mark Bole wrote:

> Good point. To the OP, the Unix or Windows "netstat -a" command will

> show you what ports are actually being listened on at the moment,
look
> for the word LISTENING and the actual port number you are interested
in.
> Under Linux, there's even an option to show you the program that is
> listening on each port. You can also run a browser (mozilla) locally

> from the server, to eliminate network issues as a possible problem.

To supplement, you can also get pid of the process holding the port open on Windows. On XP and above (meaning 2003 etc.), add -o switch (netstat -ano). Below XP, Sysinternals's TCPView is the only tool I know that does this job.

-n switch may be needed for netstat in case Windows is too helpful and indiscriminately substitutes the strings in %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\services for the port numbers you're looking for.

The desparate way to find the correct port is try connecting, one by one, to each marked LISTENING (LISTEN on UNIX).

Yong Huang Received on Fri Feb 18 2005 - 15:59:35 CST