about cluster file system and device file

From: Niy <niy38_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 16:14:51 -0700

  1. is there cluster file system can run in different os? e.g, node A is linux, and node B is solaris.
  2. for a shared LUN in a SAN, suppose both node A and node B running same os, the device file of this shared LUN is same for node A and node B?

    I doubt it since HBAs in node A and node B could in     different bus.

3) After both node A and node B see the shared LUN, mkfs.ocfs in node

    A, do I still need to mkfs.ocfs in node B? Received on Thu Feb 17 2005 - 17:14:51 CST