Re: Db2, Oracle, SQL Server

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:02:17 -0800

Serge Rielau wrote:

> Daniel,
>
> Do you pay the flight? And please chalk it up to ignorance.
> It is sadly true that I have three sources of data:
> * Online docs
> * This newsgroup
> * IBM tainted cool aid
>
> But rather than offering me things I'm unlikely to take up why not teach
> me in the same fashion as I teach Mark T. in c.d.ibm-db2? Right here,
> for the benefit of all and in the same objective, professional manner I
> presume you bring towards your students (even if they have been
> suffering the hardship of having to use a competitive product thud far)
>
> Cheers
> Serge

If I could figure out how to upload two servers, some CAT5 cabling, and a NetApp and DS14 I would. But the classes are not PowerPoint slides ... they are hands-on where you cable your own network, install the O/S, install the Oracle binaries and the class final is a failover using the TAF demo. Pretty hard to do in usenet. And turning 16 hours of hands-on with 7 manuals also doesn't translate well.

The offer is serious but no the goodness of my heart, and the depth of my wallet, don't cover the airplane ticket or the hotel room though the lab contains a small kitchen, a full bath, a 6' couch, and a bottle of Glenmorangie. ;-)

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington