Re: Is anyone else using 9i RAC on HP-UX ???

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 17 Feb 2005 06:24:16 -0800

snip

> Just curious what sort of pain that you've had (there have been a
> number of discussions here about raw v. cooked over the years, I've
> predicted pain but supposedly modern volume managers are medicine).

Not the OP but ...

RAW works fine on modern hpux but there is a need for additional knowledge on the part of the dba and more planning up-front.

HP and oracle put out a paper not long ago claiming substantial performance benefits from using RAW and noted that many organizations will be converting over.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/performance/pdf/TWP_Oracle_HP_files.pdf

Interesting eh? Received on Thu Feb 17 2005 - 08:24:16 CST