Clarification needed about CLOB

From: luttappi <muneerhassan_at_gmail.com>
Date: 17 Feb 2005 03:22:10 -0800

Hi All,

     I need to know the maximum size of CLOBs in a multibyte characterd enviornment. I know the maxium size of CLOB is 4 gb. So in a single byte charaters set it can store 4 GB of characters. So in a multibyte character set database it will be storing less number of characters..for eg. In a fixed 2 byte character set it could only store 2 GB of characters. So the maximum string length is 2 GB of characters. What will be the maximum string length in a variable length character set? If we are storing japanese character set which uses 2 bytes to 4 bytes i hope the maximum string length of CLOB vary between 1 GB to 2 GB of characters. Pls correct me if i am wrong. Thanks in advace

Rgds
Muneer Received on Thu Feb 17 2005 - 05:22:10 CST