Re: Oracle Transparent Gateways versus Generic Connectivity

From: Damo the Shamo <damien.bastin_at_gmail.com>
Date: 16 Feb 2005 16:42:25 -0800

Dear Gump

The simplistic and naiive way that you propose to use the Oracle Transparent Gateway over Generic Connectivity will only lead to your ultimate frustration.

You must use Generic Connectivity. My experience with Oracle Transparent Gateway implementations leads me to believe that in your situation, the cost in time and effort involved will not be repayed.

DO be careful of the ODBC connections in Generic Connectivity timing out though, and remember "Firewalls are not your friends".

Best Regards

Schadenfreude Wilheim Received on Wed Feb 16 2005 - 18:42:25 CST