oracle xml / advice required

From: mrique <mrique_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 Feb 2005 13:41:13 -0800

Hi
I manage an oracle 9 database with 1 000 000 customers records I'm searching a way to implement many different data fields (columns) that concern only, each one, few customers For exemple if customer is boat captain, name of his boat, if he is manager, number of employee..
I feel that I have to look at an xml implementation in oracle, because having hundreds of columns that are almost empty dont please me My database acces use odbc/ oledb (from vb, ms office and intranet/asp acces)
Could any one help me about this issue, have simple sample, urls... ? typicaly : how to add data, query them, modify them, delete them ? is oracle xml the good way ?
thank's Received on Wed Feb 16 2005 - 15:41:13 CST