Re: bmc patrol express

From: jan <jmourik_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 Feb 2005 06:52:10 -0800

Brandon,

this has been set up by another group, so I'm not sure what exactly they use. All I know it is used to monitor database up/down and listener up/down. And those need to be polled every minute. Of course, for these events, that pl/sql process doesn't really need to gather any info, but it does anyway. While checking out the bmc package, I noticed this:
procedure data_collector (v_task IN VARCHAR2, v_interval NUMBER); which suggests to me I can set that interval to something else than 60 seconds, with task 'START'. I was hoping this was configurable somewhere in the front end.
It's not really causing problems, but it is doing a lot of unnecessary work, and doing that way too often!

Thanks, jan Received on Wed Feb 16 2005 - 08:52:10 CST