archive gap resolution in 9.2

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 14:14:08 +0100

Hi!
I've got 9.2.0.6 and a simple dataguard config with one primary and one physical standby db on linux. Management is without oem and through dgmgrl.

Now, what I've got is an archive gap of two logs and the archived logs are on the backup of the primary. My naive hope was that I could restore those archived logs on the primary and the fal would do the rest. This didn't work. Now, of course I could try to copy them onto the standby and register them there but I'd rather let FAL do most of the work. After all that's what it's there for.

Is there anyting I'm doing wrong?

Lots of Greetings and thanks!
Volker Received on Wed Feb 16 2005 - 07:14:08 CST