Same select for union all queries

From: ProggerPete <peterwilkinson_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: 15 Feb 2005 20:55:38 -0800

I'm wondering which of the following should run faster and whether there is a 3rd and better way to get the results I'm after. Basically I'm after a chunk of data from the us, pl, oi and si tables. The 1st way just grabs all the data and filters at the end, the 2nd way filters the data before the union at the cost of repetitive code.

Tests indicate the 2nd query has a slight performance advantage but I'm wondering if there may be scaling issues.

Cheers,
Pete Received on Tue Feb 15 2005 - 22:55:38 CST