Re: 8 mins of unknown activitiy each full hour

From: Hannes Erven <h.e_at_gmx.at>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 18:16:50 +0100

Hi Niall, hi all,

> anyway as it happens each hour on the hour and the user is SYSMAN I would
> strongly suggest that you take a look at the JOBS pages in database control.

I had clicked virtually each and every link in the Enterprise Manager Web Console, no jobs running, finished or planned.

In the meanwhile I had to reboot the machine because of some hardware change, after automatic startup oracle took *constant* 20% cpu for more than 2 hours, but after taking down all oracle services by hand and re-starting them, oracle now runs as smoothly as I have always dreamed of ;-)

Thank you for your reply,

        -hannes Received on Tue Feb 15 2005 - 11:16:50 CST