Re: SQL plan different in dedicated vs. shared connection

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:13:42 GMT

Well, for one I know the execution is different, b/c dedicated returned after X seconds, while MTS didn't after X minutes. (I didn't trace though)

I'll research this further when I have time, thanks for all the suggestions, for now we just switched to dedicated mode, like we were supposed to be running, since App server is pooling connections into the db.

On 14 Feb 2005 15:25:41 -0800, "Joel Garry" <joel-garry_at_home.com> wrote:

>Look at the bugs fixed for 9.2.0.6. Between wrong results (2243979)
>and performance of queries affected there are some perturbing
>situations.
>
>Do you see sort activity in temp? I think Yong was on the right trail
>with memory, maybe those sort params. Since the manual workarea policy
>moves session information to the SGA with shared server, something is
>telling CBO to do more sorting. And if that something is one of those
>bugs, well, I don't know what to say. Try upping the sort parameters
>for the session and see if the plan changes. And remember, plans lie,
>if you are getting to this level of detail, use traces as Daniel Roy
>said.
>
>jg
>--
>@home.com is bogus.
>http://www.nj.com/business/ledger/index.ssf?/base/business-0/110827537541270.xml#continue

We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 and 9.2.0.5 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Tue Feb 15 2005 - 10:13:42 CST