Re: Restore with new name

From: David Gray <police_at_spamcop.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:41:59 +0000

Hi Mark,

That's interesting. Our 9i enviroment is a "turn-key" system and the cold backup solution was implemented by the supplier after months of them not being able to get a hot backup with Veritas working. From my limited knowledge of Oracle it does seem that putting the database back together on a different server (with different architecture) would not be straightforward.

I'll investiagte RMAN.

Cheers

        Dave.