Re: [?] SYSDBA audit

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 17:37:36 GMT

Vladimir wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need to audit SYSDBA activity, so I turn audit_sys_operations to TRUE, and
> SYSDBA/SYSOPER activity is being placed into Windows Application Log. Is
> there a way to place those activity records into DB or somehow get an access
> to those records from SQL?
>
> Thank you for your time,
> Vladimir.

There are several notes on Metalink such as 99137.1, 174340.1 and 103964.1. Because of C2 security requirements and the need to audit actions such as connecting to startup the database (which obviously can't be written to a database table), these audit actions will always be written to an OS location, and Oracle on Windows does not support writing them to an ordinary disk file as is the case under Unix.

--
Mark Bole
http://www.bincomputing.com