Monitor inserts on a remote table?

From: April <PrivateBenjamin_at_hushmail.com>
Date: 14 Feb 2005 07:26:43 -0800

Is it possible to monitor inserts to a remote Oracle table from another Oracle database. The monitoring database is Oracle 9i.

I tried to write a trigger like below that would insert some data into the monitoring database when data was inserted into a remote table.

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER TRG_TEST_REMOTE BEFORE INSERT ON BRPR.TBLSUB_INVESTMENT_CASHFLOWS_at_BRPRPRD9.world

BEGIN   insert into TEST_REMOTE_TRG values
(:new.Investment#,:new.Sub_Investment#,:new.Year, :new.Contract);

   EXCEPTION

     WHEN OTHERS THEN
       ROLLBACK;
	   RAISE;

END TRG_TEST_REMOTE; I get the "ORA-02021: DDL operations are not allowed on a remote database" message. However, I am not inserting into the remote table, just checking if something was inserted into it through the database link.

THanks,
April Received on Mon Feb 14 2005 - 09:26:43 CST