Re: ORA-03113 when using DBMS_METADATA.GET_DDL...

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 11:32:57 -0800

Eugene wrote:

> Hi,
> Here is my problem:
> dbms_metadata.get_ddl( 'TABLE', 'DIVISION', 'SEWN' ) from dual;
> produces
> ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
>
> Someone mentioned that it is xml related.
> What do you think?
> Where do I start?
>
> Thanks,
> Eugene

Welcome Eugene.

I'd first check to see that the kernel parameters on the the UNIX server are set correctly for shmmax, etc. if Solaris or HP/UX or Linux. I'd also suggest checking that all current patches have been applied. Of course the manadatory trip to the alert log to see what might be going on there should be on the list.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington