Re: Representation for Heterogeneous Attribute Set

From: --CELKO-- <jcelko212_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 11 Feb 2005 14:56:13 -0800

>> I actually bought and studied back to back your book "Trees and
Hierarchies in SQL" in search of the solution to this problem. The book is great and is the only one on the market (that I could find) that deals head-on with the common problem of hierarchy represnetation in SQL. <<

My house payment thanks you! Moreau and Ben-Gan have a chapter on path enumeration models in therir book, but I am the only game in town.

>> I also own your "SQL for smarties book" which is also very good. <<

The third editon will be out this year; I just mailed off the manuscript to Morgan-Kaufmann last night. I also have a small book on SQL Programming Style getting typeset now.

>> This is not a trading system. It is an ANALYSIS tool where the
analyst
can invent new bonds and other instruments and see how they behave and how they affect the portfolio behaviour .. a computer simulation. <<

That might be your answer; have you thought about getting a simulation language or tool? There is SLAM, Simula, and probably a dozen other names I don't remember or never knew. Received on Fri Feb 11 2005 - 16:56:13 CST