Re: Db2, Oracle, SQL Server

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:48:15 -0800

Serge Rielau wrote:

> What are you talking about? You can access all the data in DB2 from any
> node.

I may have jumped in on this thread without the correct context for the original statement ... but I think the question related to a node loss.

Assume 10 RAC nodes (shared everything) and 10 DB2 nodes (shared nothing). If in Oracle I kill 9 of the 10 nodes 100% of the data is still available for insert, update, delete, and select through the single remaining node.

 From my experience with the DB2 shared nothing ... loss of a node ... we always use in our examples the F..K data you no longer have access to that part of the table. And loss of 9 of 10 nodes would render your system unable to perform any useful processing.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington