Re: replicating snapshots (multitiered materialized views)..

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 16:41:53 GMT

to paragraph one, I apologize for the confusion

there is site A, which has a complex mview a_mview (aka snapshot), which I am trying to replicate to site B in a 'fast mode'.

From documentation it seemed to be possible, but in practice whenever complex mview a_mview refreshes on site A, I get the ORA-12034 on site B, unless I do a complete refresh (the fast mode would've permitted me to not refresh at all unless a_mview had changed, there is actually a set of complex mvews I am trying to replicate, which refresh at different times). So the snapshot on site B should be a complete mirror of snapshot on site A.

You did confuse me with your last paragraph, as you anticipated you would :)

Thanks.

On 10 Feb 2005 12:55:20 -0800, "Anurag Varma" <avoracle_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>before I start: mview = snapshot ... in this discussion
>
>If a mview is considered to be complex, it cannot be fast refreshed.
>There lies the first confusion in your post. You seem to be trying to
>fast refresh a mview based on a complex query?
>
>You also refer to multitier snapshots: By this I think you mean nested
>snapshots (i.e. a snapshot based on another snapshot).
>However, you seem to have shown very little creativity in naming things
>:)
>Everything in your example is named "A".
>
>ORA-12034 is generally raised if you create the mview *before* the
>mview log ... or
>if your mview did not get registered in the master site and some other
>mviews refresh caused the mview log on the master to get truncated
>*before* your mview did the refresh. Doing a complete refresh or
>recreating the mview should help in this case to register the mview (or
>use the dbms_mview pkg to register your mview).
>
>I fear my answer seems as confusing as your question :)

We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 and 9.2.0.5 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Fri Feb 11 2005 - 10:41:53 CST