Re: Db2, Oracle, SQL Server

From: <xhoster_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10 Feb 2005 20:06:13 GMT

DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote:
> xhoster_at_gmail.com wrote:
>
> > And when your 2 ITL slots in any given block are used up in Oracle....
> > And when your undo segments are filled up in Oracle....
> >
> > Xho
>
> Then you take that red herring out and throw it on the BBQ. A little
> salsa and it tastes pretty good.

Oh, I forget, only criticism of non-Oracle technologies are on topic here.

> "When your 2 ITL slots ... are used"? What nonsense. We spend about two
> or three days scratching our heads and contemplating moving to DB2 and
> then some wiseguy says "increase the value of maxtrans" and then we all

And while you are surfing the web, the database is still not running smoothly. Because the answer was not to increase maxtrans, it was increase initrans and then rebuild the tables. Ah, but how much should initrans be increased by? Well, I guess if we are going to demand infinite scalability, we better make it a few hundred, hadn't we?

Xho

Usenet Newsgroup Service                        $9.95/Month 30GB