A quick question on File size in Unix

From: <lambu999_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10 Feb 2005 06:05:42 -0800

  1. Oracle 9i manual:

Link:
http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/html/A90347_02/ch1_admi.htm#92496

"Table 1-5 lists the Oracle9i file size limits specific to UNIX.

Table 1-5 File Size Limits

File Type Maximum Size
Datafiles 4,194,303 multiplied by the value of the DB_BLOCK_SIZE

Import/Export file 2,147,483,647

SQL*Loader file 2,147,483,647"

My question: I thought the 2GB limit for Export/Import was gone in 8i?

2) The section also deals about control file parameters. Is it true that from 9i onwards the control file does not have to be recreated if, say MAXDATAFILES is reached? Does the control file expand dynamically? (I dont see the answer there. I am sure it is a simple question)

Thanks,
Ram. Received on Thu Feb 10 2005 - 08:05:42 CST