Re: Db2, Oracle, SQL Server

From: VC <boston103_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 22:18:35 -0500

Hi:

"Serge Rielau" <srielau_at_ca.ibm.com> wrote in message news:36vrgjF55m20pU1_at_individual.net...
> VC wrote:
> Hmm, I may have used sloppy language. It apears there is a difference of
> opinion on what READ COMMITTED means, but I couldn't google my way quickly
> to a formal definition... It apears DB2 docs believe READ COMMITTED is
> matches by DB2's CURSOR STABILITY.

IBM, for some reason, uses non-standard naming for ILs . One can map IBM's definitions to ANSI's so:

 IBM                                       ANSI

CURSOR STABILITY -> READ COMMITTED
READ STABILITY     -> REPEATABLE READ

RAPEATABLE READ -> SERIALIZABLE

 That is definitely not
> what Oracle does.

I do not understand what you wanted to say here.