Re: Stripe and Mirror Everything (SAME) on solaris SVM ?

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 9 Feb 2005 15:22:54 -0800

If it means you will be spreading I/O across many spindles where before you were just hitting a few, it may well increase performance. For example, if you have a particularly well-used datafile and rbs on two mirrors, and now you are spreading the writes for both over a mirror with 8 disks, that could be good. Of course, if you were formerly using two controllers to get to many mirrors and are now using one, you could make it worse if it saturates, so it depends.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"I must not think bad thoughts." - John Doe