obfuscate an integer and store in a number column

From: Pedro Lopes <pedro.lopes_at_netvisao.pt>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 20:43:26 +0000

Hi all,
I have to encrypt some numeric data (the column is a number(22)). After looking at dbms_obfuscation_toolkit (database is 9.2.0.5) I realised that the output will be
alfanumeric (hex) and that I couldn't fit the encrypted value in the number column.

Does anyone have an idea on how can I achieve this ?

I tried with some conversions like....
convert the number to hexadecimal,
hexadecimal to RAW,
encrypt,
convert RAW to hexadecimal,
convert Hex to number

but I ended with a 38 digit number...that doesn't fit on the column.

I cannot change the type of the column to varchar since this is an oracle ebusiness suite application.

thanks,
Pedro Received on Wed Feb 09 2005 - 14:43:26 CST