Re: Strange error on SELECT from TABLE CAST

From: <Mark.Wright_at_bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 00:17:03 GMT

Kenneth wrote:
: On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 16:29:55 GMT, Mark.Wright_at_bristol.ac.uk wrote:

:>I cant seem to use SUBSTR() when I'm selecting from a CAST table
:>object. E.g.
:>

: You are hitting a generic 8.1.7.4 bug. No patches. You either need to : upgrade to 9.2 with latest patchset or find a workaround.

AAAaahhhgh! Damnit, this is the third issue to end up with that answer. Needless to say, upgrading the server is not an option the customer will buy :-(
Mark