Re: Giving up...

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 8 Feb 2005 10:12:32 -0800

Sorry no I think I said earlier we aren't running anything 10g yet. Too busy with current work to even try it on anything yet. That may change when 10g release 2 comes out. That being said, I am sure that getting 10g up and running on any platform is quite doable. Sometimes it's a matter of carefully following the doc, checking what you did, figuring out what is working and what is not, and making corrections.

Does your database start? Can you access it with sqlplus? Is the http server operating and responding?

Those are the kind of questions that I would recommend you work from as a beginning.

Did you do your install on a machine that previously had a different version of oracle installed on it? Did you perform and setup or cleanup or check your oracle environment before and after if appropriate?

Those might also be good questions.

There's a bunch of oracle forums that you can use via OTN ( otn.oracle.com ) that are again free. It's not metalink but it's another option. Received on Tue Feb 08 2005 - 12:12:32 CST