Re: newbie blues

From: barrett bonden <arthurheyman_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 19:33:35 -0500

poor old little old me. Just wanted to get a feel for the useful workings of Oracle , and her I am having to learn about it's subtle foundations...I have no idea of how to set ORACLE_STD , and really , should I have to know this ?
 But I've been making my living with computers for 20 years, so I'll dive in , but I tell you guys, this does not bode well for Oracle in my mind...it makes MS SQL server look easy and productive ...