Re: One table or many - need valid reasons.

From: David Aldridge <slimdave_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Feb 2005 15:48:27 -0800

One issue that I see is that the advantages that you list for option 2 apply even more so to the option that you first eliminated -- adding new columns to the existing tables. I have a feeling that both of the two options you offer have sacrificed performance, integrity, ease of understanding, and ease of maintenance in favour of reducing the transient workload required in order to integrate a new backend system. Received on Mon Feb 07 2005 - 17:48:27 CST