Re: Oracle on Windows and Linuux

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 12:22:00 +0100

Hemant Garach wrote:
> I want to know hwhether we can have a LInux m/c running Oracle clients
> to access an Oracle SErver running on a Windows m/c or vice versa.
>
> Do all of Oracle products (Collaboration suite, Oracle Financials/
> Apps/ E-Business suite, Forms/Reports, Designer, Discoverer etc.)
> support this capability ?

Can I run a client off platform X and
connect to a server on platform Y?

Certainly.

Did you ever bother to find out about web servers and what OS they run on? Oracle is just like that.

And yes - every product supports that, although not every product is available on all platforms (you did notice e.g. Designer (Windows only)), it can connect to any platform the server runs on.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel