Re: oracle installation using packages

From: G-Man <gfeiner_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Feb 2005 06:54:36 -0800

We did this on a Solaris machine. After an install, took a tar of the directories. On target machine, un-tar and then had to configurea couple things here and there (sorry , no details).

We were able to get Oracle up and running without too much trouble. The problem is, if the hardware is not EXACTLY the same you are just asking for headaches. So for our needs, we will just install using the installer.

If we need to either install on many of the same exact machines (more then 3) or have to install to an exact machine that is remote with a bad connection, then we may make a tar and go that route. Received on Sun Feb 06 2005 - 08:54:36 CST