Re: Accessing table list in GUI envorinment suddenly slow

From: Don <don_leeNO_aa_SPAM_at_telus.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 00:19:30 GMT

To answer your question: No we haven't add a lot of objects to database recently. In fact the system is pretty static.

It happened to my pc with DBArtisan. It also happened to a programmer's PC using Toad ( both seeing 4 - 5 seconds delay ). Other users experienced various delay depends on what they do. Almost seems like it's slow accessing system objects as even launching sqlplus it hesitates for a second or two ( before it has no delay at all ) but once I'm in sqlplus, selecting tables are quick.

Thanks for you response though.