Effect of truncate table on standby database

From: <premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 5 Feb 2005 11:06:04 -0800

I am on HP UNIX 11 and Oracle 8.1.6.2. I cannot move to a newer version and my question perhaps is not version dependent.

I have a primary database on one server and a standby database on another server. If I enter a truncate table command on primary database, I am assuming it will get applied on standby database as well. Standby database has some limitations related to commands with no logging, but it is my understanding that truncate command even though it does not generate redo logs gets applied on standby database truncating the table. Received on Sat Feb 05 2005 - 13:06:04 CST