Re: how to impelement distributed database in oracle

From: GreyBeard <Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 00:16:48 GMT

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 09:18:00 -0800, Rauf Sarwar wrote:

> GreyBeard wrote:

>> On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 20:42:16 -0800, Kapil wrote:
>>
>> > how to impelement distributed database in oracle(else). can any

> body
>> > tell me some tutorial or suggest book/site etc.
>>
>> What do you mean by 'distributed database'?
>>

> <snip>
>
> This is copy and paste from Oracle docs at tahiti.oracle.com

Rauf,

I've discovered the term "distributed database' is overloaded, like a lot of other stuff in our industry.

In general, when I ask the OP to define what THEY mean, its usually an indication I am concerned about what they are attempting to accomplish and want them to give some more details. Only after that can a suitable response be framed. (SO there's no need to climb down my throat about it <g>)

For example, in this case the OP wrote "how to implement distributed database ...". I saw a few warning flags and thus asked what _he_ means, not what we in the Oracle group mean. I then gave some sugestion about what it could include, over and above the accepted definition ...

Very similar to the 'I need to create databases on the fly' situation.

lol/FGB Received on Wed Feb 02 2005 - 18:16:48 CST