Re: Need help with oracle 9i

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 2 Feb 2005 10:50:07 -0800

Sybrand Bakker wrote:
> On 2 Feb 2005 08:11:18 -0800, "h" <heba11282_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >Flashback Query does apply to code objects (Packages, Procedures,
> >Function or Triggers).
>
> Incorrect, as far as I know.
>

> --
> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Flashback query is just that, a query from an earlier point in time. You cannot, as far as I know, and as far as the Oracle docs describe, recover objects using flashback.

LogMiner might be of use to you, as DML and DDL is recorded in the redo logs. Otherwise you'll need a recent export of the database to restore what you've lost.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Feb 02 2005 - 12:50:07 CST