Re: how to impelement distributed database in oracle

From: GreyBeard <Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 05:15:08 GMT

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 20:42:16 -0800, Kapil wrote:

> how to impelement distributed database in oracle(else). can any body
> tell me some tutorial or suggest book/site etc.

What do you mean by 'distributed database'?

Oracle has built in capabilities such as: "database links" which allow transactions to include databases other than the one to which you are connected; heterogeneous capability to allow the remote database to be non-Oracle; replication to allow data to be duplcated/replicated to other databases; advanced queueing to permit asynchronous data distribution between Oracle databases and out to other mesage queue technologies; and 2-phase commit and related technologies to allow distributed transactions.

All these are described in laborious detail in the docco at http://docs.oracle.com and a lot is demonstrated at the "Oracle BY Example" section of Oracle TechNet (http://otn.oracle.com)

FGB Received on Tue Feb 01 2005 - 23:15:08 CST