rollback space

From: <manish.nevrekar_at_gmail.com>
Date: 1 Feb 2005 13:56:30 -0800

I have a large table approx 50 million rows. I have partitioned the table by date. I have a bitmapped index on one of the columns and the tabel also has a primary key with partitioned column forming the leading column of the primary key index. It is in a Datawarehouse, we have only inserts and very few updates. The insertion of data ( approx 150K rows) takes a lot of time and run ut of space for the rollback segments(RBS tablespace ( I have tried allocating upto 4gb for the RBS tablespace). I can only finish the loading by introducing commit after every 20000 rows( I know it is a bad idea!!!!)

I am using 8.1.7.4 on HP-Tru64. Any ideas/suggestions on what might be causing so much rollback?? and what i can do to correct it?? TIA
Manish Received on Tue Feb 01 2005 - 15:56:30 CST