http server causes multiple instances of java.exe

From: Pat Paulson <miapjp_at_chartermi.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 15:47:30 -0600

Hi,

I installed Oracle 9i Personal and am now running it with jdk1.5.0_01 (I did have an earlier version but uninstalled and reinstalled with the newer version, hoping for a resolution, but no go). The problem I have is when the HTTP Server is running it keeps kicking of multiple instances of java.exe (as seen in the task manager) and drags the system down. As soon as I stop it via Admin Services the java.exe spawning stops, as soon as I start it up again...off it goes. I can watch task manager and it adds another java.exe about every 2-3 seconds.

I'm an applications developer experienced in developing pl/sql but with the resources of three DBA's to take care of the complicated stuff like this! Now I'm out of work and was going to play around with this, but can't find any documentation on this problem. So try to be gentle with me...... ;-)

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Pat Received on Tue Feb 01 2005 - 15:47:30 CST