Re: oracle 9i RAC setup problem in window 2k server

From: Michael <michael.lohmar_at_gmail.com>
Date: 1 Feb 2005 10:24:45 -0800

Hello,

there is an excellent articel available at metalink and with following it step by step it is really no problem to set up a rac environment. You should really read it carefully - it's the guide to success. To second Daniel local storrage is not usable ... you need a common share storage system which is accessable at the same time from both nodes. The first requirement then is the clusterware (ocfs) to create a common filesystem. At the moment there is just ocfs in version 9.2.0.5 although the last database version 9i is 9.2.0.6. I would not recommand to also install the binaries into a ocfs drive. Instead of this install them twice to local disks. We run this configuration without problems - just we had to solve a few minor things with the mts, the agent and the rman backup. In case it should be relevant for you please feel free to contact me directly besides the list.

Michael Received on Tue Feb 01 2005 - 12:24:45 CST