Migration Workbench Create_view.sql empty

From: sqldba <sqldba_at_comcast.net>
Date: 1 Feb 2005 03:09:18 -0800

We have been working on a migration from MSSQL7 on Windows 2­000 to 10g
on Windows 2003 and are almost ready to go. I have been usin­g the Migration Workbench for several months now with only a few i­ssues with

Text to CLOB conversions. I found a work around using SQL*Lo­ader
scripts. However, for the last week I am having an issue wit­h the
Generate SQL*Loader scripts not creating the Create_View.sql­ for the
data extract portion. For example I select 8 tables from the­ Oracle
Model, right click and select generate scripts. When I look ­at the
results the batch files are okay, and the ctl files are okay­ for all
8
tables. The Create_View.sql and Drop_View.sql scripts have b­een generate but all of the tables are not present in them, 3 ar­e missing.
I tried again selecting just 1 of the missing tables and onc­e again the
batch and ctl files are fine, the Create_View.sql and Drop_V­iew.sql scripts have been created but they are empty. While investig­ating this
problem last week I found that a new version of the Migratio­n Workbench
had been released, not that it helped, the same issue are pr­esent. I have tried the default, olite, repository and using a full b­low Oracle
database, still no help. I have opened a TAR but they are pu­zzled also.
Has anyone experienced this and found the cause/solution? Regards,
Charles Deaton Received on Tue Feb 01 2005 - 05:09:18 CST