Re: Beginner help needed in database design

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_ucantrade.com.NOTHERE>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 09:30:05 -0800

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 22:46:17 -0600, zn <zn_at_zn122.edu.invalid> wrote:

>DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in news:1106962878.885318
>@yasure:
>
>> zn wrote:
>>
>>> DA Morgan ... why do you even bother posting?
>>
>> To discourage others from handing the OP the answer and because as
>> an instructor I find what I believe the OP did unethical and offensive.
>
>But you don't have any proof that the person was doing homework. That's my
>point. Every beginner question is NOT some attempt by the poster to gain
>homework answers.

     We will never have any *proof* on USENET, but homework questions do have a certain character about them that one learns to see. Many people have no problem with helping someone who is having some difficulty AND WHO HAS MADE AN EFFORT AND SHOWS IT, but to do someone's homework for him, no.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko Received on Mon Jan 31 2005 - 11:30:05 CST