Differential synchronization with mobile devices

From: ?code <microcode2004_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 31 Jan 2005 06:37:43 -0800

Hi

I have the following architecture :
Oracle 9i on a HP-UX system
Oracle 9i Lite Server on a Windows 2000 system 10 PDAs with Oracle lite, that synchronize with the databases on HP-UX, through 9i lite server.

I know that it is possible to have large files (Executables for the PDAs) in the HP-UX Oracle database and transfer these ones to the PDAs through a synchronization process.

But while a synchronization, if the connection hangs, is it possible to restart the synchronization without having to transfer all the data again ? I mean : restart the synchronization from the last bytes transferred... Then If the connection would hang at 2Mb out of 4Mb, it would not try to transfer the first 2Mb again...

I hope I've been clear enough...

THank you very much :) Received on Mon Jan 31 2005 - 08:37:43 CST