Re: Creating a Trigger Using Oracle Enterprise Manager

From: Paul Izzo <paul.izzo_at_mosca-ag.com>
Date: 31 Jan 2005 05:43:04 -0800

I found the solution on my own but thanks for the tip Holger. OEM is a great tool to use in certain circumstances (this as one) It takes several lines of code and writes them in the background for you (without typos) the only problem is sometimes figuring out what field is used as input for writting the SQL statement. I figured it out what I was doing wrong. I was inputting information into the condition field under the advanced tab rather than in the trigger body under the general tab.

I know there are DBA's out there that feel like less of a DBA when using OEM because it makes some tasks easier. I on the other hand like to be able to work with my database as quickly as possible with as little coding as possible. Am I a lesser DBA? If so then we should go back to the days of DOS and IRC. Received on Mon Jan 31 2005 - 07:43:04 CST