Re: Beginner help needed in database design

From: Mark A <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:33:22 -0700

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1107127169.855069_at_yasure...
> In short your anonymous letter writer from Oracle and TCP has an
> opinion ... it is his ... it is not mine. He is welcome to his and I
> am welcome to mine. But what is critical is that not once at Boeing,
> not once at Bank of America, not once at AT&T Wiress (now Cingular),
> not once at numerous other companies did TCP influence a decision of
> which I am aware. Getting good support and finding good employees
> with the requisite skill set were critical.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan

The TPC is a non-profit organization (www.tpc.org) that is run by the vendors, including Oracle.

The "anonymous letter writer" is a lead technical person for a TPC committee and has written articles about TPC benchmarks that are published by the ACM (link provided on TPC website under Technical Articles).

The person is:
Meikel Poess
Principal Software Developer, Oracle Corp.

Meikel is not the only Oracle employee who is or has been deeply involved with the TPC. I will not publish his email or phone number for privacy reasons.

Once again, Daniel Morgan cries ABSURD at the world, as a child who kicks the rock it stumbles on. Received on Sun Jan 30 2005 - 17:33:22 CST