Re: Disaster...corrupted .CTL files instance won't start

From: Paul Brownjohn <Paul-no-spam-_at_brownjohn.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 23:55:15 +0100

Joss Patrick wrote:

> Am 29.01.2005 um 21:03 wurde geantwortet auf:
> Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.verwijderdit.demon.nl> schrieb:
>

>>On Sun, 29 Jan 2005 17:54:25 GMT, Joss Patrick<ora-help_at_tvasz.ch>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>It is not shure, that it works, but i think, it is better then nothing.
>>
>>As a result of your advice the OP will end up with an unsupported
>>database.
>>Your advice is unprofessional, as it will invalidate the OP's license.
>>Consequently, it can't be considered to constitute 'ora-help'. It is
>>potentially dangerous advice
>>
>>Please stop promoting using undocumented parameters Oracle doesn't
>>support for use outside Oracle.
>>I bet you won't cover for any financial damage, will you?
>>

>>--
>>Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
>

> My answer is only for this question from Paul. And Paul has wroten from a home system. This system is not suported.
> And this paramters can you find in the database over x$ksppi, x$ksppcv and x$ksppsv.
>
> The name is not very happy, now I have change it. I must set a name, that i can filtered my mailbox and that I know from wich
> Newsgroup the spamer has my mail.
>
> Regards
> Patrick Joss

Thank you Patrick!

THIS IS, AS I HAVE STATED, A HOME SYSTEM!!!!! IT IS NOT SUPPORTED IN ANY WAY BY ANYONE!! "FINANCIAL DAMAGE" THERE ISN'T ANY!! AS YOU WOULD SEE IF YOU HAD BOTHERED TO READ THE ORIGINAL POST!!! The only reason that I want to get it back is because I don't want to have to re-write lots of tedious PL/SQL and then re-run the app that loads the data 'cos it takes days.

Question for Sybrand:

What do you suggest then...so far all you have done is to knock other people's suggestions?

Paul BJ Received on Sun Jan 30 2005 - 16:55:15 CST