Re: DB2 Crushes Oracle RAC on TPC-C benchmark

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 14:29:27 -0800

Mark A wrote:

> Earlier, I criticized you for editing my comments instead of showing my
> entire post. But this time you have outdone yourself, only repeating my name
> ("Mark A wrote:"):

Comment left in even though it is irrevant to my response just so you won't whine.

> What I said is that outsourcing companies charge their customers by the node
> for operational support of nodes. They usually charge by the node (about
> $1000 per node) for the cost of the network administrators, UNIX
> administrators, and DBA's.

Then consider any one of the following:
1. Get a better outsourcing company
2. Don't use an outsourcing company

  I was not talking about the cost of Oracle
> licenses.

In other words you were trying to change the subject. No one has ever tried to do that before.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington