Re: DB2 Crushes Oracle RAC on TPC-C benchmark

From: Mark A <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:03:28 -0700

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1107049888.446884_at_yasure...
> Mark A wrote:
>
> Do all of your numbers come to you through some form of telepathy?
>
> Not once have I ever been charged by the month for a node. Buy a
> perpetual license one time on a $/cpu basis. End of expenditures.
> Please stop smoking that stuff ... its illegal.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan

Earlier, I criticized you for editing my comments instead of showing my entire post. But this time you have outdone yourself, only repeating my name ("Mark A wrote:"):

What I said is that outsourcing companies charge their customers by the node for operational support of nodes. They usually charge by the node (about $1000 per node) for the cost of the network administrators, UNIX administrators, and DBA's. I was not talking about the cost of Oracle licenses. Received on Sat Jan 29 2005 - 20:03:28 CST