Re: Beginner help needed in database design

From: Mark A <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 15:20:25 -0700

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1107036533.949061_at_yasure...

> All that smoke and no fire. If you have the benchmarks that compare
> apples to apples ... and you obviously don't ... then put them up for
> all to see both here and in the DB2 group.

Not my reasonability to conduct or publish TPC benchmarks for vendors. In fact, only the vendors can publish them.

> But me vicious? You flatter me. I'll plead guilty to knowing how to use
> the English language reasonably well. But the wound from which you
> suffer is wholly self-inflicted. Another person might just have
> apologized for an error in judgement posting a link to a DB2 promotional
> piece in an Oracle usenet group. But that would be some other person.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan

Yes Daniel, you should apologize for being the first one to publish the IBM TPC benchmark numbers on this forum.

Most people with a reputable academic background always quote accurately and provide attribution for the quote (either the publication and page number, or the weblink). Received on Sat Jan 29 2005 - 16:20:25 CST