Re: Beginner help needed in database design

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.verwijderdit.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 22:11:50 +0100

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 13:30:27 -0700, "Mark A" <nobody_at_nowhere.com> wrote:

>That's very cleaver Mark. But the problem is that there are LOTS of other
>people on this Oracle newsgroup who have remarked that Daniel Morgan is
>rude, arrogant, and continually makes ad hominem comments.

There is a strange thing about this remark, and it is a remark that has also occurred before. The claim about 'LOTS of other people' is sadly unsubstantiated. If you would be honest you would see that most of those comments originate from people spamming this newsgroup with advertisements for their own products. They shall be unnamed here in order to prevent they start trolling again, but you probably know who they are.
There is, also sadly enough, a strange similarity between their ad hominem attacks and your campaign: if you really read what their remarks are all about, it is they can't stand being corrected by someone else. In order to admit they have been corrected they simply start their own campaign against the correcting party. Yes, that is all very honest and very courteous. Surely enough, that is not the definition of honest and courteous in my book, and you'd better stop riding your hobby horse here.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA