Re: Beginner help needed in database design

From: Mark A <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 11:02:45 -0700

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1107021016.380873_at_yasure...
> Mark A wrote:
>
> > I posted the information and link about the TPC Benchmark claims from
IBM
> > (without any comments of my own), and have subsequently had to defend my
> > right to do so. That is not trolling or flaming.
>
> You are the only person with that self-serving opinion.
>
> Were you actually interested in posting information of value then
> you would not of used the words you used, would not have posted
> it where you did, and would have noted the biased comparison in
> two of the three bencharks because they were on completely
> different hardware with completely different operating systems
> and completely different storage subsystems.
>
> You, sir, are like a recruiting poster for the US Military: An
> army of one.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan

Who are you to decide what is value to members of this newsgroup? At least one person in this newsgroup thanked me for posting the information.

Note that I merely posted the information from the IBM website (which mentioned Oracle RAC by name), and I did not make any claims about the accuracy of the information. You posted the same information from the IBM website (with your editorial comments added) before I did, in this same newsgroup. Was the information you posted about the IBM TPC benchmark of any value?

I will also note that Mark Townsend (Oracle employee) has posted information about TPC-H benchmarks in the DB2 newsgroup where Oracle beat IBM. Of course the last IBM benchmark for that database size where Oracle beat DB2 (There are multiple TPC-H decision support benchmarks for different size databases) was on hardware 2 years older than the Oracle benchmark, but I guess Mark Townsend forgot to mention that. Received on Sat Jan 29 2005 - 12:02:45 CST