Re: what to download and set up for a newbie?

From: <alanchinese_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Jan 2005 01:08:39 -0800

thankx for your information. these are precious for a beginner like me. actually, i spent the past monthes on learning how to use MS.NET, only touched MSSQL a little bit. i am not even immediate MSSQL developer. i found the examples on installing oracle 9i in windows, just by clicking some links.
your last paragraph confused me. what are the difference between MSSQL and Oracle? i interpreted that MSSQL is only one scheme out of a lot more schemes in Oracle? am i right?
can you explain me more clearly?
i noticed there are a lot more other products from oracle, not just the database. the application package is for you to develop UI for the database?
i have too much in hand to learn these days, already drained myself in a bad way.
thankx a lot. Received on Sat Jan 29 2005 - 03:08:39 CST